Spring Window Fashions LP
Window Treatment Horizontal
Bali® Heritage™ 2" Aluminum Blinds
Part 1 – GENERAL
A. Related Requirements
1.02 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Job Mock-Up: (Describe)
A. Manufacturer's Product Data: Submit manufacturer's descriptive product data and installation instructions for each type of blind specified.
B. Shop Drawings: Submit shop drawings indicating the following:
C. Color Sample: Submit two 6-inch (0.15m) samples of material indicating full color range and color variation.
D. Product Sample: Submit one 16-inch wide by 24-inch long fully functional sample blind.
E. Maintenance Material (Extra Stock): (Describe)
Part 2 – PRODUCTS
2.01 2-INCH HORIZONTAL BLINDS
A. Manufacturer and Product:
B. Product Description:
1. SureClose™ Headrail: "U"-shaped 1-11/42-inch high by 2-11/44-inch deep channel with a 11/48" light blocking lip on the bottom center line fabricated from 0.022 inch thick (before coating) phosphate treated steel with rolled edges at top with a prime coat of vinyl primer and finished coat of polyester baked enamel to match bottomrail and end support brackets and to coordinate with slats. Headrail shall be roll-formed after coating.
2. Head Channel Hardware: Metal hardware shall be electroplated with lift cords and ladders guided by acetal low friction thermoplastic grommets in the head channel that prevents wear and discoloration. Operating hardware shall be mechanically locked into head channel, by means of snap-in fittings with no mechanical cleats visible from underside of headrail.
3. Extruded Aluminum Bottomrail: Aluminum bottomrail, 91/416 inch high by 2-inch deep, sculptured "C"-shape. The bottomrail is .040" thick (before coating) anodized aluminum extrusion, internally grooved to accept dust cover slat and coated with polyester baked enamel to match headrail and coordinate with slat color. Thermoplastic protective caps in bottom of rail shall be used to secure ladder ends and assure window sill protection. Hold-down bracket pins are available.
4. Slats: Slats shall be aluminum alloyed for maximum strength, flexibility and resistance to corrosion. Slats shall be nominally 1-inch wide, actual 0.991-inch (plus .004-inch or minus .000-inch). Standard thickness is 0.006", optional 0.008" is available. Slats shall have a pre-coating treatment to bond the polyester baked enamel finish coat that features our Advanced Finishing Technology (AFT) which provides a smoother, harder, less porous surface that provides anti-static performance to help repel dust and anti-microbial qualities to help resist fungal and bacterial growth.
A properly formed contour creates the finished crown with corner radii of 31/416 inch tangent to edge of slat. The end clearance of each slat shall not exceed 11/44 inch from each side of the window opening for jamb installation. For face installation, slats shall overlap jamb by 1-11/42 inches maximum at each end where possible. Slat thickness and ladder support distances shall be such that there is no visible sag.
5. Tilt Rod Support: Tilt rod support shall be low friction thermoplastic and shall support tilt rod. It shall provide a smooth bearing and center the ladder drum over ladder hole. Incorporated with tilt rod support shall be metal lift cord rollers to guide lift cords when entering and exiting headrail for smoother lifting and lowering operation. Grommet shall prevent cord and braided ladder wear and discoloration.
6. Ladder Drum: Ladder drum shall be 0.028 inch thick electroplated steel. The standard braided ladders are attached by a crimp-on sleeve located on the top of the drum. Optional cloth tapes are attached by a locking prong, located on the top of the ladder drum, which secures the tapes to the drum.
7. Cord Lock: Metal cord lock shall be of a snap-in design and incorporate a floating shaft-type locking pin. The freely rotating locking pin shall offer minimum wear to cord. Cord lock shall incorporate a crash-proof safety feature that shall lock blind automatically upon release of cord. End of lift cords shall be treated with plastic tassels.
8. Shaft Type Tilter: The tilter shall be of a worm and gear arrangement in a totally enclosed gear case (housing). The worm (tilter shaft) and gear shall be zinc die castings and the gear housing of low friction thermoplastic. Tilter shall be a snap-in component allowing for field removal if required.
a. Tilt Wand: The tilt wand shall be a clear polycarbonate solid rod, with a hexagonal shape, measuring approximately 51/416 inch across the points, providing a positive, comfortable grip. The wand shall hang vertically by its own weight and should be of sufficient length for easy access and operation. Wand shall be attached to the tilter shaft by means of a hook and sleeve, and shall be easily detached and re-attached in the field.
b. Cord Tilter: Snap-in component incorporating a worm and pulley of low friction thermoplastic and a gear of nylon. Tilt cords shall be secured to pulley and treated with tassels at tilt end.
9. Square Tilt Rod: Tilt rod shall be electro-zinc coated solid steel. Tilt rod shall be hexagonal in cross-section measuring 11/44-inch at its widest points.
10. Braided Ladders (Slat Supports): Braided ladder which will assure proper control with adequate overlap of slats in the closed position. Distance between end ladder and end of slats will not exceed 6-inches; distance between braided ladders shall not exceed 24 inches.
a. Braided Ladder Material: Material shall be 100% high tenacity polyester yarn. Vertical component shall be not less than 0.045 inch diameter nor greater than 0.060 inch diameter, which will provide maximum strength and flexibility with minimum stretch. Horizontal component, or rungs, shall be not less than two threads and shall be approximately 44.0mm long. Ladders shall be of a sufficient length for bottom of blind to hang with a tolerance of plus one-half/minus zero inches of the specified length. Ladders shall be dyed to Bali color standard.
b. Cloth Tapes: (Slat supports) an optional cloth tape shall be available. Material is 11/2 inch wide polyester construction. Distance between end tape and end of slats will not exceed 6 inches. Distance between tapes shall not exceed 24 inches. Cloth tapes shall be coordinated to Bali color standard.
c. Braided Ladder Clip: Plated metal clip shall be mechanically clinched to the end of each braided ladder to lock in holes of ladder drum.
11. Lift Cord: Lift cord shall be braided with polyester jacket and center core or an approved equal construction. Size of cord shall be 1.8mm. Cords shall be detachable, if required, and shall be of sufficient length to properly control the raising or lowering of the blind. Lift cords shall be equipped with plastic tassels. Cord ends shall be securely anchored to the bottomrail and it shall be possible to detach and attach cords. Cording arrangements shall comply with assembly standards set for the size and weight of the blind. Cords shall be coordinated to Bali color standard.
12. Cord Lock and Tilter Operation Locations:
a. Bali 2" Horizontal Blinds shall be made with the following cord lock and tilter location options when viewed from within the room:
b. On blinds less than 20-11/48 inches wide, only options 1 and 2 above apply.
13. End Support Brackets: Universal hinged cover end support brackets of phosphate treated steel with a prime coat of vinyl primer and a finish coat of baked on polyester enamel in color to match headrail. Brackets shall facilitate easy removal of head channel and will include an adjustable tab to eliminate lateral headrail movement.
14. Intermediate Support Brackets: Brackets shall be of electroplated steel stamping, and shall be furnished for blinds over 48 inches wide. Maximum spacing for intermediate support brackets shall be 48 inches.
15. Extension Brackets: Optional adjustable extension brackets are available. Brackets allow extensions of 1 inch and 1-31/44 inches.
16. Hold-Down Brackets: Universal hold-down brackets for sill or jamb installations are available.
17. End Stiffeners:
a. To add rigidity to the headrail, thermoplastic end stiffener caps shall be inserted at each end of the headrail.
18. General: The blind shall be free of sharp edges, burrs or other defects which might be harmful. When other materials result in improved specifications, they may be adopted.
19. Size Limitations:
a. Maximum width: 142 inches.
b. Maximum drop: 126 inches.
20. Color: Color of headrail, bottomrail, ladder and cord shall coordinate with slats. Plastic headrail components will be either white or black.
A. Prior to fabrication, verify actual opening dimensions by on-site measurements. Calculate blind dimensions to fit within specified tolerances.
B. Fabricate blinds to fill openings from head to sill and jamb to jamb. The minimum clearance blind-to-blind shall be 11/44 inch. Locate blind divisions at mullions.
C. Fabricate blinds to fill all exterior window openings except at doors, door sidelights and transoms unless noted.
Part 3 – EXECUTION
3.01 INSPECTION: Verify that the work area in which the blinds will be installed is free of conditions that interfere with blind installations and operations. Begin blind installation only when unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
A. Install blinds in accordance with manufacturer's procedures except as otherwise specified herein.
B. Install intermediate support brackets and extension brackets as needed to prevent deflection in headrail.
C. Install blinds with adequate clearance to permit smooth operation of blinds and any sash operators. Hold blinds 11/44-inch clear from each side of window opening on inside mount unless other clearance is indicated.
D. Set tilt and lift controls. Demonstrate blinds to be in smooth, uniform working order.
A. Clean soiled blind surfaces with a mild soap solution. Do not use steam, hot water, bleach or any abrasive or solvent-based cleaners. Do not wash metallic colors.
B. To ensure proper drying control, provide adequate ventilation for blinds, remove bottomrail plastic end caps, and tip headrail and bottomrail to drain water.
3.04 HORIZONTAL MINI BLIND SCHEDULE:
Provide blinds at the following locations: (listing of blind locations, different options, types, accessories and colors).